Friday, September 13, 2013

Lack of Affection

 I finished the Color Affection about midnight and then spent the rest of the night worrying about it. As soon as it came off the needles I was horrified by the size of it. It was soooooooo long.


 I couldn't do anything about it in the middle of the night so the next morning I started the fretting in earnest. The thing was as long as I was-maybe longer. I thought I had followed the directions right but this misshapen mess didn't look like any one I had ever seen.


 Then I remembered that I had panicked the same way with my first one only that time it was too skinny and too short. I recalled that it eventually blocked out nicely.


 All that garter stitch pulls apart and the thing grows in width.


It took a lot of fiddling with blocking wires to get the curve right. I'm pretty sure it's still too long. Its going to wrap around me like a blanket. My first one just sits nicely on my shoulders. I suppose I will come up with a purpose for it after it is dry and I can play dress up with it. At least the colors didn't disappoint. I was worried about looking too much like a big bumble bee but thankfully, I am not seeing it-not yet anyway.

4 comments:

  1. love those swoops of color. beautiful.
    black jeans

    stiletto heals

    dress up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the colors you chose. The extra length and wraps may feel better when the temperatures drop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colours! I've just treated myself to some blocking wires - can't wait to use them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say the bigger the better and you did a gorgeous job!! It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete