I finished the Color Affection about midnight and then spent the rest of the night worrying about it. As soon as it came off the needles I was horrified by the size of it. It was soooooooo long.
I couldn't do anything about it in the middle of the night so the next morning I started the fretting in earnest. The thing was as long as I was-maybe longer. I thought I had followed the directions right but this misshapen mess didn't look like any one I had ever seen.
Then I remembered that I had panicked the same way with my first one only that time it was too skinny and too short. I recalled that it eventually blocked out nicely.
All that garter stitch pulls apart and the thing grows in width.
It took a lot of fiddling with blocking wires to get the curve right. I'm pretty sure it's still too long. Its going to wrap around me like a blanket. My first one just sits nicely on my shoulders. I suppose I will come up with a purpose for it after it is dry and I can play dress up with it. At least the colors didn't disappoint. I was worried about looking too much like a big bumble bee but thankfully, I am not seeing it-not yet anyway.