Friday, September 6, 2013

Ill Gotten Gains

 We didn't get any edible tomatoes out of the garden this year so when I saw this beauty hanging through the fence in Daddio's yard, I decided to steal it. The neighbor, whose vine had decided to take a detour in our direction, would surely not miss it.


 I had big plans for it. I was going to fry it. I had everything ready to go. The oil was heating in the pan when...


 ...I sliced into it and found it was rotten inside. Yuck. Talk about karma-but it gets even worse.


 As disappointed as I was with my dinner now in the trash, I made myself slightly happier by digging some things to fry out of the freezer. As a rule, I am not the frying type so this was a naughty treat.


 Mmmm....people without gallbladders need to avoid things like this but I had a fierce craving for something crispy.

Karma bit me in the arse again when my beautiful faux chicken patty slipped off the spatula and onto the filthy floor. Good grief. I did, however, enjoy the french fries and yes, they made me sick. Of course.

4 comments:

  1. You must never stop writing your daily blog posts! They are just to darn entertaining and the highlight of my evenings. I laughed my you know what off at this one! I swear to God we lead parallel lives. Seriously..........this is so me.....only I'm usually doing these things in the middle of the night! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. YOu made me laugh. Misery loves company;
    I dropped a slab of ribs, (with bbq sauce on them )and a raw chicken breast on the steps leading down to the bbq. (the other day)
    I saved them. I brought them in and WASHED them off.
    Put them on the grill with new sauce and we were none the wiser.
    and yes i still wash my chicken despite the new WARNINGS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could send you some of my tomatoes without them going bad (or getting squished) before they reach you - I totally would!

    ReplyDelete