Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catching Up With Elizabeth


 My poor Clun Forest fleece has been neglected. I had started washing and carding her in the early spring before things got crazy during this year's MDSW and then the Tour de Fleece. I was all about Merino for a long while but now I want to finish what I started so long ago.

 I bagged up quite a bit and put it in the pot for a good soak. I'll wash it tomorrow.


 The bobbin I had started spinning was still waiting for me on the wheel.


 I also had a bag filled with six lovely batts.

 Clun Forest is very interesting to work with because of its short staple length. You can't fiddle with it. You have to let it be in control of what's going on.


As a result it's an easy, quick spin unlike that temperamental Merino I slaved over during the TdF. Having said that, I just spent the day preparing more Merino to spin but that's another story.

2 comments:

  1. Spinning is magical. SOMEDAY i'll spin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't know how you keep track of it all. That looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete