Sunday, September 1, 2013

In a Jam

 The fig harvest got off to a very slow start this year. I never had buckets full but I did manage to get enough to make a small amount of the good stuff.


 I didn't even bother with a recipe. I just covered them with water and them doused them with sugar. I was even going to add a little brandy this year but I couldn't find the bottle. Where my fruitcake brandy may be is still a mystery.



 I let it simmer until it was a sticky mess. When it turns ruby red you know you are getting close.



I had enough for three small jelly jars full. The pot scrapings found themselves on a toasted and buttered English muffin and it was darn good.

4 comments:

  1. It looks yummy! Now I'm hungry. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive never had FIG jam. WOW. It must be so yummy. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good - and I don't even like figs that much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. muffin
    butter
    nooks & crannies
    fig jam
    oh my~

    ReplyDelete