The fig harvest got off to a very slow start this year. I never had buckets full but I did manage to get enough to make a small amount of the good stuff.
I didn't even bother with a recipe. I just covered them with water and them doused them with sugar. I was even going to add a little brandy this year but I couldn't find the bottle. Where my fruitcake brandy may be is still a mystery.
I let it simmer until it was a sticky mess. When it turns ruby red you know you are getting close.
I had enough for three small jelly jars full. The pot scrapings found themselves on a toasted and buttered English muffin and it was darn good.