Thursday, September 19, 2013

Carded

 I am happy to report that staying away from the news and keeping busy has improved my mood. Bad things will always happen in the world and since my fretting isn't going to change a thing, I'm keeping calm and carding fleece.


 The white Clun Forest fleece that was dyed black turned a nice charcoal in the carder.


 I ran the batts through several times to even out the color. Clun Forest cards like a dream. The short fibers just slide right in without tangling.


The resulting batts,  two of which are resting here with the pumpkins that cover my kitchen table at the moment, are adorable. I managed to get six of these done in one sitting with fiber to spare. They will packed away for winter spinning and hopefully made into mittens-a project I first started spinning for in 2010. Where does the time go?

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fluffy and lovely! What mitts are you planning on knitting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what pattern I am going to use. As soon as I get it all spun, I'll be on the lookout for something.

      Delete