Sunday, May 17, 2020

Safer At Home


Safer At Home is our new state slogan. At 5 pm on Friday the stay at home restrictions were lifted. Yesterday afternoon we grabbed some ride along beverages and took a short drive to see how the world looked. We've seen the videos of the insanity that's been happening when states re-open so it was a strange mix of excitement and fear.



The Bay and the boardwalk were a welcome sight.....





 .....but you can't sit on the benches.




You can see by this photo taken at noon on a beautiful Saturday that there were no crowds. The few people that were there were staying very far apart. Many had masks Not much of anything was open which was a surprise. I expected packed eaterys.



Pup wanted a walk but we weren't ready to mingle so we went to the outer fringes of the deserted waterpark lot to let her strut her stuff for a few minutes.



I have to say it felt weird to be out and about again. I didn't like it. I keep watching the case count on the state website and we are still adding a few everyday in our zip code so I'm agreeing with our governor. It is still Safer At Home and by the looks of it, it seems like most of us in our little town agree.

7 comments:

  1. Love your yellow crocs! Well it is good that you got out and there were no crowds so that is a good thing. yes we are in safer at home mode starting Monday and nothing will change for us:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get out a bit though. I think lots of us are a bit paranoid when we venture out, even when we're far away from people.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out but I'm with you, I'm still paranoid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that we are Safer at a Home. It makes me nervous to see so many people out and about here. I may purchase drive-thru but I’m not going into a restaurant for a loooong time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very eerie feeling to be out. I took the boys to Petsmart to get haircuts today and ran an errand, not many people out but those that are may not be being as careful as they should. Lots out with no masks, but mine was on tight! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its nice to see your town has some common sense at least. Our province is doing a staggered approach to opening - but most retail is wide open as of tuesday, and I think it's much too early. We will be sticking close to home as much as possible still

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we feel the same way. We are staying isolated and encouraging our family to do so ALSO. IM TRYING TO stay busy with emails and little letters to friends who like mail. Our friend with memory issues, likes to get mail.
    Stay safe

    ReplyDelete