Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tiny Needle Tuesday:Kitty Sitting Edition

 July's Miss Patience and her baby are done just in the nick of time. It was a close one thanks to the Tour.



Here they are with all their other sheepy friends. The year of sheep has flown by.



Next up is Miss Wisdom sitting on a book reminding me that it's almost back to school time. I used to hate August but not anymore. No back to school for me-just lots of cheap school supplies to throw in the shopping cart on every trip to Walmart.


 There was even more sheepy stitching done over the weekend. No sooner had the Tour ended on Sunday when I had to jump in the car and go to Daughter's for an overnight kitty sitting gig.



 I immediately sat myself down in her sunlit dining room to stitch along with some Floss Tube videos. It's my favorite place in the world to stitch.



There's always an audience...


...and several distractions but it's all good. All that light is just perfect for these old eyes.



There was of course someone missing. I bawled my eyes out for the first half hour I was there. The kitty Daughter just lost to cancer was the "I will not be ignored" type of kitty and everything was just too calm and quiet.  Daughter had this stuffy made by Cuddle Clone in her image and she keeps her on her bed. She says it brings her comfort. Nothing made me feel better on this trip. It's going to take time.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your missing kitty. I know exactly how hard that is. I'm still missing Frannie something terrible. She was such a great lap kitty.
    Your sheep are so great. I looked up the patterns a couple of months ago and just can't justify buying all of them right now but I'm keeping them in the back of my mind. I just love them all.
    Wishing you a great Tuesday Debra.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet kitties. And, beautiful stitching! Love those sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute project! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to make a cuddle clone of Tux - three legs and all. But I make do with his paw tattooed on my arm

    Your stitches are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to believe that July has slipped by so quickly. Thanks for posting the photo of the Sheep Virtues all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sheep sampler is looking so pretty! I am sure the absence of the "I will not be ignored" kitty was difficult to deal with. The Cuddle Clone is the most realistic stuffed animal I have ever seen. When I first saw the photo, I was wondering why one of the cats had a ribbon around its neck. Hopefully, the next trip will be a little less emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know what you mean - I keep thinking Jack is going to be with me (he always used to hang out with me) and then I realize again that he is gone.

    Your stitching looks really nice, btw. I love all the sheepies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw Deb. big big hugs . I miss Bear. Zach wanted to put his ashes here in our woods in Wisconsin. I felt so sad last Friday when he did it after dinner. WE love those lil creatures

    ReplyDelete
  9. We do love our cats...hard to note their empty places! The stitching is beautiful and I'm glad you shared it with your grand-kitties!

    ReplyDelete