Saturday, July 13, 2019

Cotton

 It's no secret that I love to knit dishcloths. I always have one on the needles.



 During the last Tour I spun some cotton to see if I could get enough for a dishcloth.



I did manage to spin a small ball in spite of it being a really hard spin. The problem is that the yarn is too soft. It's a very drapey cotton. It would make a nice garment but there's no way I'm spinning enough of it to do anything more than a dishcloth with it.



Having said all that, I'm spinning more this year. Maybe I'll try weaving with it?




12 comments:

  1. I bet that would make awesome weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Almost Lost Dishcloths are so pretty. Good luck with the spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of the cotton! I keep meaning to ask about the pattern of those dishcloths - I know my daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a hard time knitting with cotton, I can't imagine spinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to knit those same round dishcloths but I can't imagine spinning it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors in that yarn would make a wonderful sweater. The completed dishcloth is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also spin my cottons hoping to weave towels or a towel one day. If I live long enough... Liana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knitting with cotton makes my hands ache: it doesn't have any give. Love the color of your cotton yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, cotton with color! I bought some dye for the pounds of cotton fiber I have (since I saw your color last year) and I need to get it done!
    The soft cotton makes a great face cloth instead of a dishcloth--it feels wonderful! Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I think that's the favorite dishcloth pattern circle ever. Do you think we could do some math and make it into a baby blanket?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those dishcloths! Kathy's question makes my head hurt. Do you know the answer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good golly no! Lol....math is not my thing.

      Delete