Thursday, July 25, 2019

Dead Calm

 The heat wave broke on Tuesday. I'd been cooped up for days so it was good to get out. The Bay was as still as I've ever seen it. It looked as worn out as I felt.



 It was raining but the cool drizzle felt wonderful. This guy seemed to be enjoying it too.



 All the osprey babies were out of their nests enjoying a shower also. They've gotten so big. They will be leaving us soon.



It was too wet for Pup and I to sit on our usual bench while The Mister made a detour into the corner coffee shop. Pup won't take her eyes off the door or move an inch while she's waiting for him to come out.
 On the way home The Mister drove me past the new parking garage they are building to see the murals they are putting up. No one seems to know why a small town like ours needs a 700 car parking garage but it's probably not for a good reason. I know it's been a real mess while they've been building it. Even with the murals it's a real eyesore.


The best part of the day was going home and making a HOT cup of coffee to drink with the giant cookie The Mister picked me up at the coffee shop. I haven't had a hot cup of anything in ages and it tasted like heaven.

10 comments:

  1. We had storms last night that chased the heat away for a day and let me open the windows wide today, but it will return tomorrow. Yuck.
    I'm glad you got to enjoy a day by the shore and have a good cup of coffee. You deserve it.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cooler here, too, but won't last long--glad you enjoyed it while you could! The photo of pup looking for her Mister is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is warming up a bit more today, but I think maybe I can eke out ONE more day of windows open before the next heat wave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the heatwave finally broke in your area. So sweet how the Pup keeps an eye on the door of the coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a brief break for a couple days and now we're headed into another humid weekend. Sigh... my head is not happy!

    The thought of walking in a cooling drizzle by the shore sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our weather broke on Tuesday also. Driving home from knitting group last night and it got too cold to ride with the window fully open! Heaven!! I wish it would stay like this for the rest of summer... but it's Virginia so I'm not betting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a cute photo of Pup. Love that she keeps her eyes on the door awaiting your husband's exit. We are also having wonderful, cooler, less humid weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had lots of storms so it is just slightly cooler than normal here, but boy is it humid. I need to pressure wash outside because there is mold and mildew on everything due to the rain. Love that pup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great cuppa joe. And Huck would wait expectantly like that even if I just ran into Walgreens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll take that cool drizzle and that coffee and cookie looks mighty good too. We are right back into the heat here.

    ReplyDelete