Monday, July 15, 2019

Fall Soap

 Doesn't that look like an ice cream sundae? I wish it was but it's soap. I was on an ice cream kick while I was binging Stranger Things 3 and now it's all I can think of.



 If you want fall soap you have to make it in the summer. That's Oatmeal, Milk and Honey in the pot and Honeycrisp on the drying rack behind it. It took me several tries to get apple soap right last year. This year I nailed on my first try. Thank you Nurture Soap. They have the best behaved apple fragrance.



That's Pumpkin Oud getting ready to go in the heat box I rigged up. That's Autumn Equinox behind it on the drying rack. They both smell so good.



I was nervous about making soap after my last fail when the soap cooled too quickly and then only partially gelled meaning it had an ugly ring in the middle. I made this contraption to keep it warm in the AC out of a cooler and a heating pad. So far, so good. I shouldn't be saying that because I am pretty sure I just cursed myself, but all four batches have come out great so far. Knock on wood.

9 comments:

  1. Your soap is the prettiest! Liana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...fall fragrances! I bet your soap room smells delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever soap strategies! The results are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to see glimpses "behind the curtain" because I don't have a clue how soap is made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those are your most beautiful soaps yet. Anything fall makes me smile and those colors and patterns are wonderful. I bet your soap room smells heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im already seeing the first signs of fall's approach in my garden, so it's fitting that you're making fall soap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kind of don't want to think about fall yet but that soap does look like delicious chocolate!! Glad your soaps are behaving nicely!
    Thanks to Dee for identifying the pattern for the Almost Lost Washcloth - going to try that for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your soaps are just too gorgeous to use. :)

    ReplyDelete