Saturday, July 27, 2019

An Unexpected Harvest

 One of The Mister's old work friends went on vacation and told us to go pick through his garden while he was away.



 He had the biggest eggplant I ever saw. That means it's ratatouille time.



It was the prettiest pot of vegetables I ever saw. My house smelled like heaven all day.



 It also means still warm from the sun tomato sandwiches on some crusty rosemary bread I was lucky enough to have in the freezer. I couldn't help myself. I had to have two bites before I took the photo. I was starving.



 Fried green tomatoes are also on the menu. I'm not a fan of summer but even I have to admit it's not all bad.




9 comments:

  1. Nothing like fresh from the garden veggies! I can almost smell it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! A wonderful harvest for sure. It's gorgeous. Everything looks and sounds so good.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful lot of veggies!! Everything looks- and I'm sure smelled - so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, everything looks so yummy! I love vine ripened tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And suddenly I'm hungry! I can almost smell those veggies. Is there anything better than a warm from the sun tomato sandwich?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful. I can't imagine cooking today. We don't have A/C!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful vegetables! Fresh vegetables are by far one of the best things about summer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never eat any of that (super picky eater here) but it all looks wonderfully beautiful!

    ReplyDelete