Sunday, July 14, 2019

#*$&@#*!!!!!!

 I should be showing off my new weaving project but I'm not. Weavers, you can see in this photo that things are not going as they should be. The right side is going well, the left, not so much.



 Thank goodness I didn't take the lease sticks out before I noticed my boo boo halfway through threading the reed. I had missed a thread right in the middle of threading the heddles. I've never done that before. I'm not sure how I didn't notice it. The loom sits right at eye level with my spinning wheels, you'd think I'd have seen it hanging down.



Of course with this particular draft it really wouldn't have mattered if I had just clipped it off and forgot about it. I wish I had thought of that before I pulled half of it all out. Trying to play catch up has been slow and awkward. Argh....

7 comments:

  1. Uh-oh! I saw the title of this post and that's what I thought! :-) . I would never have noticed but then, I'm not a weaver. I do love those colors though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of strings to fiddle with. I hope it doesn't take you too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can already see how beautiful that fabric is going to be. Glad you got your boo boo fixed before it got too far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still you amaze me with your ability to fix it. The whole weaving process on a huge loom just baffles me. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not being a weaver, the only thing I see 'wrong' is that one clothespin isn't faced the same way as the others. Sorry you're struggling but it sure is pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How well I remember those loom dressing tears!
    I hope it is fixed and you are doing the loom dance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear . But you always manage to get great results in the end Deb!

    ReplyDelete