Saturday, March 2, 2019

Thumb's Up

 I shouldn't have taunted Winter yesterday. It's still very much here.




Yesterday The Mister and I were hard at work on the giant woodpile enjoying the sunshine and today it's a winter wonderland again.



 Since I wasn't going to be doing much outside I dedicated the day to getting a knit off the needles. First I had to get the thumbs on the Snowflings. Done.



 Then I had to close up the tops. Done.



Then I had to hope I had knit the lining right so I could stuff them inside and have room for my hands. Done.
They are a bit snug but I think with wear they will stretch.



Besides those two pair of socks I've been working on for ages and the blanket from hell, this is the only leftover of the winter knits. That's a Willow Cowl. I am using my handspun. It won't be done this year but it's a fun TV knit so I'm in no hurry. Anytime I can use up some of my handspun is a win. A big win. It still tickles me that I learned to do this.

13 comments:

  1. Your mittens are beautiful and so is the cowl. I think it’s really cool when you can spin your own yarn and then madke it into something usable. It always seems like an amazing process to me.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those mitts are gorgeous!! Fabulous finish. Looks like we could get a storm Sunday into Monday...4-7" forecast....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish on the mitts--now that they are done, you probably won't need them as the weather will warm up! lol
    The cowl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your knitting is wonderful!! I love the mitts - they are really beautiful! I finally finished a "Close to You" shawl for my daughter - aside from that my crafting mojo must be frozen and hopefully will thaw soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mittens look fantastic and will keep your hands toasty. Love the Willow Cowl - you handspun is knitting nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Love the colors in your handspun and those mittens are fantastic! Enjoy your snow day. We just got more rain with a little bit of ice mixed in for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those mittens are a work of art. I haven't ever done linings in my mittens, but I'd like to learn. Especially after this cold, cold winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mittens are beautiful and should be so warm. Think you will get to wear them often during this month. The colors in the cowl are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those mittens are absolutely incredible. I can't even imagine making them, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um your mittens doubled are genius. WOW. Double warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so intereting how you have done the mittens with the lining. It looks complicated and fiddly (is it?) but fabulous to wear. You have so many talents.

    ReplyDelete