Monday, March 11, 2019

All Buttered Up


We got the new table and chairs for the dining room put together on Saturday. We put the old dining set in the soap room. That glass table is just what I need. The lye batter ate the top off my old one. It was a mess.



 I took advantage of the much bigger table by getting several projects going at once.



 The mixture for the whipped body butter had to chill for a few hours so I made some lip balm....



 .....and some bath bombs. Both are pineapple scented.


 After the body butter mixture chilled for a few hours it was time to whip it up. Um.....it was easier said than done. Something wasn't right. When I went back over the recipe I realized that they sent me mango butter when it wasn't listed in the ingredients. The recipe said add 2 oz of the butters so I did. It was too much hard oil for my beaters to handle.



 It's a good thing I have plenty of soft oils. After adding some grape seed oil it all whipped up pretty nicely.


I ended up with a lot of this stuff. More than 5 jars worth. I would say it was a success but it's not. The recipe calls for natural cocoa butter and natural shea butter. Both have a very odd smell that I am all too familiar with after ordering it by accident once. It's not horrible but you can't really smell the pineapple which is too bad because it smells heavenly. I ordered more jars and I am going to try this again using the deodorized version of those butters. I think I'm going to like this stuff-if I can get it right.

10 comments:

  1. Those mixer beaters look like delicious cake frosting ..............but I'm guessing they don't TASTE like icing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always so busy!! I agree with Dee - the beaters look good enough to lick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your new table is beautiful!!!
    The butters look good and I can just imagine the pineapple smells! I love the lip balm from last gifting--so kind to my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it wrong that this post has made me really hungry? It all sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New craft tables are so exciting! I'm sorry your first batch of body butter wasn't what you'd hoped for but I have faith you'll figure out the perfect recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been very busy! Love the new table, and you shouldn't have to worry about stains of any sort on the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your experiments sound like so much fun (except for the fragrance not being what you liked). Great use for the former dining table. Gives you a lot of table space. Will be interesting to see what you create next. You are like the Energizer bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, now I really need to bake a cake! It's always so interesting to see the behind of scenes of how things are made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. IM SORRY i ALWAYS WANT TO EAT YOUR BUTTER.

    ReplyDelete