Friday, March 8, 2019

Friday Felines and a Pup

 Even though I have seven/eight cats, I rarely post about them. They just aren't those kinds of kitties. Being semi-feral they are shy and skittish. For the past two weeks I've been getting up close and personal with Hoover. He went to the vet's for an eye infection, then for his shots, and now he is being treated for thyroid issues. That means lots of money and lots of medicine. If that wasn't enough, Pup went in for her shots and was found to have a skin infection. More medicine and more money. What a week. I feel like I'm running an animal hospital.


 Speaking of skittish cats. One of the most skittish decided to come out of hiding to check out the new boxes on the floor.



This is my old dining room table and chairs. In the boxes are my new ones.



 Yep. We went to Ikea again. I also picked up a little something for myself.



One of you posted about this sweet little cart a while back and it's all I could think of. It's rather empty now but the plan is to fill it with all my weaving doo dads. At the moment they are all over the house but soon they will all be where I can find them. It's just perfect.
Ikea, I love you.

11 comments:

  1. Seeing those papers reminds me of how much I dislike Ikea directions...love their stuff...hate their directions. More snow in the forecast for today...but 60 by Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty is such a pretty color. Hope all your fur-babies are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitties! Why did I not know? I cannot have pets because of allergies that won't respond to anything (sigh}. So I live vicariously through the pets of others. Cannot wait to see the new table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! You got a cart. I know you’re going to love it. I do love mine. It holds everything I need for my knitting and crocheting right at arms length. And when we have company like we did last night, I just wheel it into the office and it’s out-of-the-way.
    Vet bills do get very expensive. I need to make an appointment for Franny for her well check. Hope your babies get to feeling better very soon. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of cats!
    That cart! I've been wanting one of those for years. I first saw it at Ikea but they sell them in the big box craft stores & Target now. I can't count the number of times I've put one in my shopping cart... then taken it back out because honestly, where am I going to put it and what am I going to do with it? And what if I change my mind about the color next week..... Hope you'll keep us posted as to how your cart lives up to your expectations... and how you chose a color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you little cart - I've seen it on several quilting blogs. Everyone raves about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ikea is the best! That cart will be so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting project (assembling furniture). Love your new cart! Those look to be so handy and love the aqua color. It is so wonderful that you care for the semi-feral cats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a nifty cart! So nice of you to care for all those kitties. Why do people abandon their animals?

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's a cute kitty! I have two cats that are struggling with skin issues--it is no fun to medicate a cat....
    I love your new cart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have had the awful vet bills too. Tank is suffering with asthma and bronchitis. Now we are waiting on a cardiac marker result to see if his hearts involved. Sigh. I was saving for miss pie;s echocardiogram, now Tank may get her diagnostics..

    ReplyDelete