Friday, March 1, 2019

Bye Bye Winter

 Winter's probably not quite done with us yet but I'm done with it. Mr. Snowman is getting packed away.



 I usually work on my Spiral Chicken rug in the spring and summer but I don't have the heart to get it out. That gray chicken reminds me of my dear departed gray birdie and I'm still too sad about her not being here to face it. I've still got a lot of heart healing to do. 29 years of having her and now probably 29 years of missing her. Sigh.



 Speaking of hearts, I went to Etsy to shop for some new patterns to hook and found this pretty one to work on next February. I'll tuck it away until then.



 I also found this. This spring and summer I will be working on Mr. Kitty.



You don't get any cuter than this. I am going to take great liberties with the colors. My Mr. Kitty will be a  psychedelic kitty. It's not going to remind me of any kitties living or otherwise.



Last but not least, I found this pretty piece of wool for Mr. Snowman's background. I love how it came wrapped in a wool bow with a cute little sheep tag.
Etsy shopping is so much fun.

11 comments:

  1. I am ready for spring too. But it looks like Mr. Snowman pleads you not to pack him away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kitty is going to be amazing! I can’t wait to see him take color. And that little sheep tag is just too cute. Have fun with your new projects. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many beautiful projects to work on. LOVE the new kitty one - that will be something!! Winter is still here (3+ inches of white stuff this a.m.) - just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. A psychedelic kitty will be just purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kitty is going to be so cool! A hippie kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost afraid of spring arriving. Spring is our wet season and we've already had SO much rain. What will spring be like??
    I love that you have projects to work on during certain seasons rather than attempting to get them done before the season starts. I also love your snowman!
    Hugs to you. Loosing a loved animal is like loosing a family member and their loss is deeply felt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the projects you have to look forward to!
    The kitty one is going to be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects my friend. Looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Etsy is such a cool place. Who knew it would exist and stay so competitive in the craft world?

    ReplyDelete