Thursday, March 21, 2019

Pretty Pieces


Anytime I get to play with the batiks I'm happy.



 Adding the pieced border was a joy.



 I used the "close enough is good enough" mantra.



 I didn't measure anything or try to make it all come out at the corners. I just eyeballed it.



Not bad. Not bad at all. Now I have to go see if I have anything in the stash for a backing. I just spent a lot of money online buying backing for another quilt and forgot all about this one. The problem is that now I don't trust myself to go online fabric shopping again because I do believe another quilt kit somehow got in that order and the last thing I need is another quilt kit.

11 comments:

  1. Your border turned out beautiful!!!! Good eyeballing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That quilt is beautiful. I have always liked that pattern the best of all that I have seen.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I am so glad it is getting close to the finished quilt pile!
    Go ahead and chance an online purchase! (you need this backing!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those batiks! Nice job - looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Until you wrote that last sentence, I was going to suggest Craftsy for your backing. They still have a fair bit in the end of the bolt sale - some are very large chunks (8or9 yards) that you could get a couple quilt backs out of maybe.

    The top looks fantastic!!! I love wedding rings - and rings with batiks.... SWOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! The colors and fabrics could not be more perfect. The border is just wonderful. Looking forward to seeing what you use for binding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I am so impressed with your ability to work that well by eyeballing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent finish! I love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent eyeballing! Your quilt is Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete