Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Old Grind

I've got two bags of pricey Starbucks holiday blend. How did that happen? Well, I'll tell you how. I sent The Mister in to get me a bag and they asked him how he wanted it ground. That took him by surprise. He didn't know what the coffee pot we use was called so he described a metal filter to them and they ground it to those specifications.


When he remembered we have an old fashioned electric percolator type pot he went back in and had another one ground. Is there any difference between the two bags? I can't see any. Now we've got a LOT of coffee to drink. I'm glad he bought the decaf version. I'm up all night as it is.


I also want to thank Sandy M for sending me this rainbow in a box. She really knows her way around a sewing machine. That's a cute little apron and a lined bag along with a stuffy hen pin cushion-all handmade. The Bare for socks is going to be fun and that gingerbread towel reminds me that I have yet to make the first cookie.
Thanks again, Sandy!

8 comments:

  1. What a nice little package. I love packages of homemade goodies. You should be all set for coffee now. We don’t use much ground coffee anymore. I don’t drink coffee at all and Hubby only drinks 1 or 2 cups a week at home. He’s at work during the week and has a couple of cups there every morning. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise. Love the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... at least you're well-stocked!

    Love your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful. A day FULL of lovely (and tasty) surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee to go with your homemade cake. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice apron!!!!! I havent baked any cookies....Not sure I will. They just tempt ME

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there is nothing like a surprise in the mail to give you a smile!

    ReplyDelete