Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Guilty Pleasure

 I feel like a criminal. I just bought all these soft, squishy bed socks.


 I've got about 70 pairs of socks but I just can't bring myself to wear my handknit ones in bed. I actually rarely wear socks in bed but from time to time I get a chill and like to keep a pair of those squishy ones close by in case I need them. My beautiful woollies just don't have the same comfort level.



I should have said I have 70 pairs and counting. I've got a pair on the needles now and I do believe I have at least six pairs that I finished this year that I haven't added to the rotation. I have slowed down my pace though. I usually have at least two pair on the needles at the same time but the new rule is one. Only one. I'll never get through that bin of sock yarn this way but really doesn't matter does it? I'm still gonna buy it. I love sock yarn.

11 comments:

  1. I agree, sock yarn is the most beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Sock knitting is comfort knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those soft, squishy kind are the best for bed. But, sock yarn is by far the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just something about sock yarn that makes us BUY. I think it is because it doesn't seem like "so much" like a sweater quantity. But, it sure does mount up over time. I will NEVER knit up all I have, but you know what? I don't care. I love looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I love sock yarn too. It is just so........exciting. I'm serious. I love to look at it and then see how it knits up. All those squishy socks are fun . We need fun , Deb. You made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have WAY too much sock yarn, but I ❤️ it. My sock drawer is crammed its hand-knits, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! What I can see of those socks in the drawers is just beautiful! I think it would start my day off on a great note just to put on a pair of those socks. What a collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love my sock yarn but have just purchased about fifteen pairs of soft bed socks to hand out to guests when they come to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wear my knit socks to bed all the time. They are the best! But nothing wrong with loving a little cozy squish around your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bed socks are the bomb! It's a shame that your woolly socks are not as comfortable. Is it the looseness of the bedsocks as well that make them more comfortable than regular 'day socks'? Maybe you can make some larger slippers or 'bootees' with your pretty sock yarn. They have more wriggle room for your toes and are just as warm. A sock pattern that uses a thicker weight yarn in softer fibres (than nylon blend) might provide the squish you want? How about pure wool felted?
    I know it is simple to buy ready-made but handknit and crocheted ones are special.
    May your toes be warm this Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wear my knit socks to bed often. I have one pair that is too thick for shoes, so it is perfect for sleeping. It gets cold up here in Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete