Monday, December 17, 2018

Finishing Up

 I think I won the game of yarn chicken.


 My pink sweater is almost done. I'm knitting the two inch collar and then it will officially be over the finish line.


 I am very worried about the neck circumference. It looks huge. I know it's supposed to be a wide neck but this may hang off my shoulders. I think I knit this sweater at least three sizes too big. I wanted it big and sloppy but it might be too big and sloppy. The Mister said he'll wear it if it doesn't fit me. Lol.


The short rows at the yoke were new to me. They scared me to death when I read about them but they weren't too terrible. It moves the back up higher than the front. That should be interesting. I can't wait to try this baby on. I bet it's going to be hilarious.



I'm also this much past the gusset on the second mitten.



I'm at the point in the first mitten where I have to stop the lining and do the thumb so I can weave it in before I close off the top. My brain isn't ready for this so it may go in time out until I finish the second mitten. The hard parts are always at the end, aren't they?

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cables on the sweater. It looks like it will be very cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hard parts are indeed the end and I often have second sock or glove syndrome! My last pair of mittens I made both thumbs were too short, so now i will have to re do those, sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice! The sweater looks gorgeous and you know I love those mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the end of a project is usually fiddly, but so worth it. Your sweater and mittens look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knitting the collar on a much smaller needle might snug it up a bit.
    the sweater looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater is just beautiful! I hope it is a perfect fit because it is too pretty not to be worn and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I agree , the hardest parts are always last! Your mittens are amazing Lady! The sweater is lovely. When you try it on I hope you have a lil miracle and its perfect! I admire all of you sweater knitters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I am so glad you are going to be able to finish the sweater--it is big and comfy! The mitts will be done in time for some very cold mornings!

    ReplyDelete