Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Blame it on Santa

 Because of stuff like this.....



 ...I'm only this far along on this.



By the middle of the month I am usually done with the Sheep Virtue block and onto my secondary project. Thanks to my Santa puzzle, it's not happening. We've been putting the same puzzle together every Christmas since 1995 and it's a December priority. My other pretty sampler will have to wait.



I did figure out the beading on the Santa ornament. I managed to struggle through one mitten before my eyes went cross. It's fiddly and rather sloppy but I think when my head clears from all this holiday stuff, it'll be a welcome challenge. I'm ready for January, are you?

9 comments:

  1. I bought a Crosstitch kit for a friend‘s 25th anniversary gift from Amazon. When I opened it up a few weeks ago it had almost 200 colors in it! Talk about cross eyed!!!After putting over 35 hours into it, I realized I was completely hating this project. It’s going to go to the Goodwill just as it is and I’ll find another gift!
    Enjoy your puzzle!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM! I'm not a big fan of Christmas. But, I love starting a fresh new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your December puzzle tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That puzzle looks mighty big but also like a lot of fun. I may need to drag one out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In some ways yes Im ready for January. But I am so looking forward to Al and Zach coming home for 4 days !!!! Im trying hard not to set expectations for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh cross stitch how I miss thee. So I am smothered right now. I'm overwhelmed. I miss doing puzzles but I do not have any space. I'm going to use puzzles as my motivation to make space this year. Enjoy! Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Christmas puzzle is such a neat tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to do puzzles, too, but it's been a long time since I have had one going!
    No, I don't want to wish the rest of the month away yet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We used to do a December puzzle when the kids were young, and now I'm not even sure where they are. As I recall, a piece or two disappeared somewhere.........The whole family will be together, so I'm not anxious for the month to hurry past.

    ReplyDelete