Thursday, November 16, 2017

Little Feet

 I've been back sitting at the Grands for the past few days. This time I came armed with yarn. Both are getting hats and socks. It seems they both love to see me knit. Yay for that. It makes the day go faster.




What is it about yarn these days. Look at that. I've got not one but two knots in this one hat. It's Bernat Stripes btw. Boo. I hate joins in kids stuff. It needs to take a beating and my joins are not the best.



 The Kroy socks on the other hand are behaving. I've got this one done now and the second cast on. Kiddie socks fly off the needles.



I also came armed with fruit bites and art supplies.



They have an AC Moore right down the street that had plenty of cool projects to keep us busy.



What I am going to miss most is the martini hour. Son is practicing recipes for his upcoming holiday parties and we've had many a lively night sampling the fare. Good times.

11 comments:

  1. My mystery project is using Hobby Lobby I love this yarn. Every skein has had at least 3 knots in it. The skein I’m using now has had four already and I’m only 3/4 through it. This is never happened before when I’ve used this yarn. I’m very annoyed to say the least. I making a pair of Kroy socks too and those are behaving well, just like yours. It sounds like a great time is being had with the grands. You are a blessed lady to have them so close.
    Blessings always,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Russian join? It makes an almot seamless join and is smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The knits look wonderful! Nothing like a quick project to give you a good dose of endorphins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hat and socks....I really love that Kroy. What colorway is that. I must get me some. Your son sounds like fun...I could get into a martini hour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yarn with knots should be sold as a "second" in my humble opinion. I hate paying full price to find knots that change the striping sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knots are no fun!!! They make me furious. We pay great money for our yarn! As for martini hour...you make me laugh and you deserve a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are making the MOST of time with the Grands! Have fun and have a martini for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful time for all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Knots make me crazy, too! Have fun with your Grands; one of ours now has feet as big as mine. Socks for him take a while.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Art stuff is always great for keeping little ones busy!

    ReplyDelete