Monday, November 27, 2017

I Heart Fall

 I know many of you have moved onto the winter holidays but around here fall has just begun.




My trees are finally showing some color and the weather has been just about perfect for sweaters and warm wool socks. I am not giving up on November just yet. These are the best days of fall and I'm going to take advantage of every pumpkin spiced minute. Winter can wait.




My one goal this fall was to get this ancient project finished. It's hard to tell what it looks like outside. The sun shone right through it.



Look familiar now? It's that big ball of brown yarn barf I have been working on every autumn since 2008. That's nine years. Yikes.



I would have been done last year but I decided it needed this fancy edging. It was a pain but so worth it.


The yarn is pretty dreadful. It's discontinued Shadow in the Deep Woods colorway from Knit Picks and the colors pooled terribly. The pattern, which was featured in a Knit Picks catalog, is called Seasons of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness of all things. All in all, icky yarn and terrible name aside, it's still a pretty thing and I am soooo happy it's done, done, done.



And.....thanks to everyone who signed up for the Holiday giveaway. If you haven't signed up yet, there is still plenty of soap to go around. I'll be finishing up the wrapping and packing this week and hopefully be mailing them out the first week of December. Be watching your Rav mail in case I need to get in touch. Thanks again! 




11 comments:

  1. Seasons of Mist ..... looks so delicate and fancy. I think it is beautiful and the edge you put on it really finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is gorgeous! Congrats on finishing such a long term projects! Have smth new in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is truly lovely! Isn't it funny how sometimes yarn and pattern can be so awful, but the FO is so perfect? Congrats on not just finishing it, but having something so lovely as a result.

    Did I sign up for the holiday soap giveaway? If I didn't and there are still some left, please add me, your soaps are some of my most fave things! If I were Oprah, you'd be on my list (and I don't like Oprah, but I do like favorite things).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawl is ethereal!!! I know it has been a bit of a slog but your method of working a bit here and there works because you have beautiful finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not just pretty - it's absolutely stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the edging really completes the shawl and I think it is beautiful! Congrats on having the persistence to continue! Your patience is always a great reminder to me that putting something aside and coming back to it later is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's what I call lace work! Wow!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That shawl! Oh. My. Goodness. It is lovely. Congrats on sticking with it even though it wasn't your favorite project.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay Deb 9?!!!! Years!!!! It is so exquisitely beautiful it should win ribbons at the State Fair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed with the finish after nine years! It is beautiful even if it didn't behave.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with <3 fall, I do too. We've moved on, sort of, it's back and forth here in MN. The shawl is gorgeous, congratulations on sticking with it. I have more projects in the WIP tote than I'd like but I always something new and exciting and there they sit...

    ReplyDelete