Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Time's Almost Up

 I had too many glitches to get those Valentine's Day towels done in time. Oh, well. They'll come in handy next year.


It was a mercifully uneventful warping. I put the raddle on the back beam again.


 By doing that I could actually wind it all on all by myself. That made The Mister very happy.



It's took forever to thread. It's a bird's eye draft so I had to take my time with it.



So far, so good. There's been a merciful lack of drama. They are turning out very pretty. The first one is done but I just need a few more days for the second one.


The best part of this project is that I had to order lots of pinks and reds when I ran out of warp a few weeks ago because I couldn't remember the original colors. Now I have a nice collection for some future towels. Of course, what I really need now are some greens. St. Patty's day is right around the corner.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so pretty! You have outdone yourself in weaving these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it! All those strings....all those clothespins. Im in awe

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely. I fully support your seasonal/holiday themed towel weaving. It's so fun to watch those beautiful colors come together. So um, yeah ... I'm not going to lie, will be disappointed if I don't see you post up some St. Paddy's weave pics this year!

    ReplyDelete