Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Loot


 Daughter lives in town. Meaning she lives near places to shop. I don't. Daughter lives practically in walking distance from an Ikea so of course I spent one of my afternoons pretending I live in the store. I love Ikea. I really could live there. I came home with this pretty little bowl that was marked down to $1. Now I wish I had at least bought another one.


 She also has a Joanne's right around the corner. I found the cotton for my spring dishcloths.



 I also used a 50% off coupon for this large sewing basket. I've had my eye on one like this for a while. Mine is very small.


 This one will hold plenty of paper pieces.


I also found the perfect solution for my latest cross stitching adventure.


It's a scrap book box and it holds everything I need for stitching. I love it.


 Last but not least, Daughter brought me back some alpaca from Lake Placid.


It's really lovely. If you could read that receipt behind it you would see that Daughter paid $29 for the little 200 yard skein. Yowza. That's some pricey stuff. It's going straight into the stash to be petted until I figure out what to do with such a luxury.

4 comments:

  1. I visited Adirondack Yarns last summer and loved it! They usually have a booth at Rhinebeck for Sheep and Wool.Alpaca is some beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems you had a successful shopping expedition! Love the bowl and gray yarn. I use those boxes for my stitching too, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift from your girl!

    ReplyDelete