Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Verdict is In

The last two skeins of Corrie are dry and swatched. I am not in love with them but I don't hate them either. The colors by themselves are actually nice.

The problem, as I see it, is that the color repeats are just too short. They are both too splotchy. For the purple one, I added about a half of the yarn into the jar at a time so one half should have been dark and the other half light but that didn't happen at all as you can see.  I have no idea how that happened in the jar but I know how it happened in the sink.


In the sink the yarn is all wrapped to fit the circumference of the basin. I am adding the colors to fit the sink but forget that the actual skein is much larger. I can see why the color repeats are only about 4 inches as that is how I painted them on.
Darn. I wish I had more to practice on because I really want to get this self striping thing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment