Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

It is not enough that I broke the bank for new stash at the Sheep and Wool Fest, I also came right home and ordered the yarn for that gorgeous Tumbling Blocks sweater that I saw walk by. It was my Mother's Day gift to myself-or at least that is how I rationalized spending even more money on fuzzy stuff this week.


 It was a sign that I had to make that sweater when I discovered I already owned this...

...because this is where you find the pattern. Yes, I know it is totally 80's but since the 60's have come back-the 80's must be right around the corner. I don't plan on making the loose dolman type sleeve. In fact I want a more modern fitting cardigan just like the beauty that walked by.


The only problem, as I see it, is that Kaffe's directions are a bit on the lean side. There are charts and written directions but they are not in the language that I am used to knitting by. It will be a challenge for sure.

 Not knowing what color direction I was heading, I ordered pretty much one of every color of Elann's Highland wool.
 
I have a bit of a stash already in progress so I am pretty good to go on this as soon as I clear up some of the WIP's and get my intarsia skills under control.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!



5 comments:

  1. I loved that sweater we saw at the S&W festival. I think one in fall colors would be absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great Mother's Day gift to yourself. You are one brave lady to tackle such a challenge. I don't think I could follow those charts. But I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say the only thing 80s about it is her hair - the sweater itself is classic!

    Happy Mother's Day to yourself - after all those weddings last year - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I love that sweater! But the chart is way to scary looking! You are one brave lady and buying one of every color in the yarn is totally something I would do as well. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Mothers Day!
    loulouandlillybean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sweater and the 80's are back....they are vintage now. Ha Ha....
    what a job to tackle, but I know that your up to the task. Will wait to see the progress once you get going. It is totally beyond my scope. Happy Mother's Day.
    anne

    ReplyDelete