Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Wednesday WIPs

 

Molding day wasn't too terrible-until we got to the door frame. We had to pull one side of it out and move it because once again we discovered that most of our original framing is not square or level. 



We got to use The Mister's shiny new miter saw. We killed the old one when we re-did the upstairs. All the molding is now cut and in place but not attached. We are going to use The Mister's fancy air compressor thingy to nail it and Pup can't stand the noise it makes so I'll be putting her in the car and driving her around until he is finished. The things we do. 





As for knitting, the dark gray blob now has the start of a second sleeve and the light gray blob has one row of its front bands knit. It's a long way up and back. This will take a while. 





And....I had the 10th and supposedly last row attached on Audun but I made a fatal error. I neglected to attach the top corners of the row not thinking that another row wasn't happening. I guess another row is happening now after all. 





I think it would be better off more rectangular anyway so it's not such a terrible thing to have to add at least another row. I've still got plenty of those cute little mini skeins to make more squares so I just need to adjust my expectations and move forward. 







5 comments:

  1. I always think "uh-oh" when fancy saws and equipment gets brought out. But I'm glad to hear that it's helping progress and maybe you'll be done soon (so you can move things and do another room). Audun will benefit from another row and you get to use your cute mini skeins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two can get work being finish carpenters and painters! Dennis gave away his fancy miter saw when we moved out of the house. Now he would love having it since we have a garage.
    At least you really like working on Audun so it's not a hardship to put another row on is it? It's SO pretty.
    We have to do the same thing when vacuuming the condo. Zoey is terrified of it so Dennis takes her for a walk or car ride and I text him when I'm done. The things we do for these babies.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Debbie.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the booboo but it will be even more beautiful. And the blobs look less blobby and more sweatery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the door framing!!! Not a ton of fun but it sure does spiff up the doorway! lol The Audun looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete