Sunday, June 30, 2024

The Boys of Summer

 

Yesterday was Le Grand Depart of the 2024 Tour and I've got some words for the Tour organizers. Stage One was a nightmare of climbs in almost 100 degree heat. Watching the riders struggle with heat related issues was painful. I know the Tour is supposed to be grueling but can we have at least one day where we can get to know the teams without all the drama? We usually get that but not this year. It seemed unusually cruel. Even the commentators agreed that this was the most difficult start they had ever seen.




Maybe I was being super sensitive because I was also struggling. I got up early to watch the start but was too itchy from my stings to want to deal with my wool. It sat on my wheel and there it stayed. 





I did get some of my cotton spun. I may have to stick with the cotton for a while until these nasty bumps go away. They are making me very cranky.





I did enjoy getting my little Spindolyn cleaned up and ready for a new project. This dyed cotton sliver from HipStrings is always such a pleasure to work with. The color is beautiful and it spins like a dream. I'm kicking myself for not buying more of it when I had the chance at the MDSW. It's always sold out in their online shop. 






5 comments:

  1. I hope you're recovering from your wasp stings after your grueling first day. That last bright fleece is a lovely counterpoint to the white cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fiber! I wanted to thank you again for the spinning stuff you sent me a long time ago. I haven't had the patience to learn/any talent whatsoever but my daughter pulled it out the other day and has been teaching herself. She accomplished more spinning in one hour than I did in the year(s) since you sent it. She's very excited and sends her thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what pretty fiber plans!! I have wool and cotton to dye and I'm procrastinating big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last photo of fiber is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete