Friday, June 21, 2024

The Icing on the Cake

 

I spent 5 hours on a ladder yesterday slopping joint compound onto the ceiling. It's like icing a 21x21' cake. I had to send The Mister to the hardware store to get me the big bucket of the stuff after I went through 2 of these. 



I had gone over the spot where the leak was the night before hoping that the colors would match so I wouldn't have to do the whole ceiling. They didn't.





The rest of the new flooring is going to be delivered in the next few weeks so we're trying to get all the messy stuff done before it gets here. The Mister is going to be painting and doing some tiling in the laundry area while I continue on with my ceiling work. I've got days of it ahead of me which is fine. It's too darn hot to go anywhere anyway.




5 comments:

  1. You are a better person than I am; I think it's too darn hot to do anything (including ceilings)! I made potato salad this morning and am already wilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should spring for a massage after a day of working over your head with the spackling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you have to stay inside! That really doesn't look like a fun job though--sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you. Ceilings are so hard. My neck always hurts when we paint or spackle ceilings. You go girl!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow --- once you start changing things around the house, you cannot stop, huh?

    ReplyDelete