Friday, June 28, 2024

I've Got a Notion

 

Before I jump into today's tales of woe let me show you a photo I took yesterday morning. I was trying to take a photo of the crab boat and my screen was too dark to see anything but I went ahead and snapped one anyway. It just goes to show you that the camera knows better than I do. I couldn't have taken a photo like this on purpose if I tried.




Anyway...yesterday was one of those day when I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone. What set me off first was this. That middle strip is what I've been using for the sashing on Dear Jane but I ran out of what I had cut. For some reason I thought it was white. You can see it was not. It was ivory. Could I find the rest of the ivory? No. Would have I been so stupid to start an epic project like Dear Jane without enough material to finish the job? Yes or so I thought. I spent all day painting the downstairs and mentally kicking myself for doing something so dumb but....then my brain kept telling me that I plenty of it but where? On a lunch break I went online and ordered some ivory fabric I hope would somehow match but when we were finished painting for the day I tore the house up again looking for it and......



.....there it was packed up with the February Quilt.  Why? How? I have no idea. 





Then the mail came. This new Barbie outfit arrived from China. I have no recollection of buying it. It doesn't even look like something I would buy. That shaggy vest? Umm....nope. I was surprised to find that eBay says I ordered it months ago. I must have been sleep shopping again I suppose. 



But....along with that crazy outfit this was in the mail. It's all the little notions you need to make Barbie clothes. I couldn't believe my eyes. One of you lovely people sent it to me. To say I was tickled is an understatement. I had just had my sewing box out the night before and was going over the patterns to see what I needed to get started with my doll clothes sewing adventure.  Thanks Michelle! It is MUCH appreciated. 





7 comments:

  1. That was really nice of Michelle. Looks like you have a good start for some Barbie clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you found the extra ivory after you had ordered more! But you should have plenty as long as you remember where it is. All those teeny-tiny Barbie notions are really something. I had no idea they even made them, but now you can get your Barbie sewing factory started up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an unusual photo - very interesting and pretty. I really hate when I put stuff "away" and then have no idea where I put it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is so striking! I saw the vest and immediately thought "oh that is way too hot to wear Barbie"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an emotional roller coaster!!! The photo of the crab boat/water/sky is worth turning into a canvas print for your wall--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gotta say, forgetting you ordered something means one day you're going to have a Christmas-like time.

    ReplyDelete