Saturday, June 15, 2024

Size Matters

 

I was chugging away every night on those last ten squares I needed for the last row of Audun when my alarm bells went off. 



The new squares seemed a little small and they were. By a lot. It seems I picked up the wrong hook. I have two blue ones and I was using the wrong one. Sigh....the whole frustrating mess gave me a terrific hot flash and seeing that we are under some sort of heat dome at the moment Audun is taking a break until fall. I just can't with it right now. 




On a happier note, Trim Day went very well and we spent yesterday afternoon piling stuff up in that finished room so we can.....




....start the hallway next week. First up will be spackling the ceiling. When we moved in it had one of those sloppy popcorn ceilings that I hated so I spent a summer vacation scraping it all off. I replaced it with a more subtle troweled look using a big bucket of drywall spackle but after an upstairs bathroom leaked a few years ago, it now has to all be redone. No fun there. 





6 comments:

  1. I really admire your tenacity with all the renovation projects. As for those mismatched granny squares, I saw a youtube video where you sew 4 or 9, depending on size, together and then attach them to a premade canvas bag. I immediately went out and bought a bunch of bags. Of course, I haven't made any squares for them but.... hopefully you'll find a use for your extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Audun's time out is deserved and hope that the rest of the renovations go well. (Ugh to the popcorn ceiling!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for trim being done and sorry about the time out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new is looking so good!!!! The floors I can handle but doing any work over my head is out of the question! Hire a guy!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm sorry that happened with Audun. How frustrating. I know you'll find a use for the squares but I understand putting it aside until it's cooler.
    I know about those popcorn ceilings. We've had them before too. Have fun! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate trying to do anything on the ceiling. All our ceilings are tiles, and Dave wanted to take them ALL down and drywall them. I told him a big fat no! That's just too much work. Though there are a couple we will have to take down due to moving walls, etc.... not looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete