Thursday, June 6, 2024

If You Give a Mouse....

 

....a Cookie. That's the book I was thinking of last night when I pulled out my teeny tiny iron. I had received a shipment of little doll skirts and they came vacuum packed thus a wrinkled mess. I couldn't even identify them as skirts at first. 



I bought that little iron for Dear Jane so if I had the iron out I might as well work on another block and....




...if I  had the blocks out I might was well take a good look at them and see where I am. I haven't picked up Dear Jane in ages. I've got 39 of the 169 blocks done which means I have only 3 of the 13 rows completed. I still have a lot of white lattice to sew on before I can go back to making blocks again. I should have been doing it as I went along but didn't. The good news is that I'm planning on spending the summer with her. Progress will be made. 




And....speaking of doll skirts, here are two new reasons for buying more clothes. That's Pretty Flowers Barbie on the left and Babysitting Skipper on the right. They are both Mattel but in the cheap Barbie category so they came wearing next to nothing. Putting together a wardrobe for each of them has been fun.





Expensive Midge and Skipper are not to be outdone. They got new outfits for the summer too. Skipper, being a 9 inch doll, is hard to find clothes for. I'm getting more and more tempted to try to make some myself. Somebody stop me. 









5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see more Barbies and friends! I'm glad to see that they're wearing such well-pressed clothing. The teeny tiny iron made me smile. I hate to iron, so when my husband retired I did a little dance because I would no longer have to iron his work clothes. I will not be buying a tiny iron for myself, but enjoy seeing yours and tiny clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I scoffed at them as a child, handmade Barbie clothes are wonderful. My mother made many clothes from fabric remnants, and knit lots of things, too. I don't have much sewing power, but my daughter's dolls sported loads of handknits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd want Skipper as a babysitter as she is giving off Dorothy Gale vibes with that basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dear Jane blocks were fun to see again!!! The Dolls are fun to dress but keep buying the clothes-NOT making them yourself!!!! Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me want to pull out my Barbies and play with them!!!

    ReplyDelete