Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

After a long and very busy weekend we are back to doing floor work again today. Yesterday we got the second room ready to go which means more clutter and more mess. Over the week I managed to finish up both sides of Village Quaker. I've got some big motifs to stitch in the corners of each side before I can go across the top so I'm far from being done-but I'm closer than I was.



I didn't have time for much else last week but I did finish the bottom border on Patchwork Ete yesterday. I think I've got a plan to get all four of these seasonal Patchwork projects done in the near future. I'm really tired of looking at them so I think I am going to get them all out and takes turns with them from now on. A different one each week. The problem has been that when I finish a repeating section I have no interest for the rest of the season to pick it up. Maybe switching them up will cure that. We'll see. 




And...I hope to be able to show off at least one finished Dear Jane block every Tuesday this summer. This is my tiniest needle work as I use an itty bitty quilting between sized needle so I don't prick the paper while I stitch the pieces together.




I know I won't get too far with this one but I did get tired of just sewing on the lattice so I started an entirely new block. The first in row D. With everything else I have going on around here this is plain nuts but it's stuff like this that keeps me sane when everything around me is in disarray. 






4 comments:

  1. I saw a completed Dear Jane at a quilt show a few years back - it's just insane! Well done you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea on rotating the cross stitch. I need to do that too! Also--thanks for the warning about my new crow friend (that I still do not have). You are not the first person who has mentioned that it could get to be a bit murderous. So far I only have one crow (and lots of Stellar's jays) hanging out, but will keep an eye on the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget how small the blocks are in the Dear Jane quilt!!! Still beautiful work which I will admire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice stitching. I just don't know how you get it all done. Good luck with the flooring.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete