Saturday, June 1, 2024

Seeing Red

 

On this first day of June, I have two FOs to share. First, the floor. The first room is DONE. To answer Betsy's question, we have one more bedroom sized room to do, a  hallway and a big family room. It's a lot. Now we have to shift everything out of the other room into this one so we can get to work on it next week We ARE taking the weekend off. We're both beat. 



Since we only had that closet to finish yesterday I had plenty of spare time to myself in the afternoon. I got to work finishing up the February quilt top. 






Ta da.....it did get a bit out of hand. It was only supposed to be something small to throw over the back of my couch but it just kept growing. I had a lot of fun working on it. I probably won't quilt it until winter because the Juki queue is a long one at the moment. 




Speaking of the Juki, I'm still working on Charming Stars. I'm doing some fancy stuff in the middle of the stars so it's taking some time. I think I have three more blocks to go and then I have to tackle the sashing and the outside pieced border. I've loved every step of this project and it's rare that I get to say that about anything I'm doing. 





7 comments:

  1. Big congratulations on the floor and your quilts; they all look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for one room down! The quilting is looking good! Glad it is going well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishes are causes for celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The February quilt top is beautiful! Apparently, you have found your groove with quilting Charming Stars. Looking forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you have a finished floor! And the quilts are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, one room is done anyway! I'm sorry there is still so much to do. That quilt top is so pretty. Still one of my favorites you've made. I hope your weekend gave you some good rest.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for finished floor! Even if there's more to do - you have to celebrate the little milestones!

    Love the Valentine's quilt. I may just have to make my own, one of these days

    ReplyDelete