I was up until 2 in the morning fixing a major boo boo on both sleeves of Advent Sweater #20 the other night. I had both of them finished and was just about to join them to the body when I realized my edges were too tight and they both had major pucker issues on each edge. I have a trick that I use to get around the corner with colorwork but in my hubris I had abandoned it and just knit on completely oblivious to the unfolding drama.
I should have known better because in 2012 I tried to make a pair of Vinterblomster mittens. They were a disaster. I had big ridges on each edge where the floats were too tight as well as ridges at every pink stripe. It is very hard to control the tension on vertical stripes. After several attempts I frogged that mitten and surrendered to the realization that I didn't have what it takes.
Ten years later I had completely missed the fact that this plaid pattern also has-vertical stripes. And it gets worse. After staying up all night I flipped one over to take a photo the next morning to write this post and noticed..........THREE stripes where there should have been two. Argh....tink, tink, tink. #20 is kicking my butt.
And.......today is The Mister's big day. We have to be at the surgery center at 6:15 am (!). Never under estimate my power to blog but I may have to disappear for a while if things get too intense here.
See you on the other side.