After my big knitting adventure I felt I needed a break from the big needles so I picked up an old piecing project I've been working on for a couple of years. My quilting karma was as bad a my knitting karma because only minutes in I made a fatal error in cutting. See the big squares? That's what I needed. See the little squares? I wasted the last of that material cutting out the wrong size.
To make matters even stupider, I was trying to make the block that I had already made and didn't need. I don't know what I am going to do when I can't blame stuff like this on Covid Brain anymore.
I hesitate to admit that things got even stupider but after all that I spent a good hour looking for material online that could replace the material that I had wasted. It's from a defunct Connecting Threads kit that uses 1930's repo so I needed something similar. After all that frantic looking online I found just what I needed-right on the shelf in front of me.
After all that drama I realized that I didn't need to worry about matching anything because it's supposed to look scrappy. I think Connecting Threads emptied their shelves of yucky material for this quilt. You can't get uglier fabric than this and this wasn't even the worst of it.
In spite of all the drama I did get two more blocks made and that included the one I had to sub in the material for. It's the one in the middle and I think it works just fine. All that fuss about nothing. It's the story of my life.