Monday, April 19, 2021

No Sew Sunday

 

I was feeling more like my old self yesterday than I have in a while but I still didn't have the will to turn my new coffee themed fabric into an apron. I love my criss cross tea themed apron but it's rather light colored so I went looking for something that could stand some daily slops and these two caught my eye. They are from Connecting Threads.


Speaking of not sewing, look at Daughter's new quilted coat. 




She has been trying to get a quilted coat from the Honeybea shop forever and found this pricey look alike online from a New York shop. If you don't know what Honeybea is it is worth a look. It's a Canadian designer who takes vintage quilts and crocheted items and makes one of a kind coats and accessories from them. They sell like hotcakes and getting one is near impossible. Who knew there was such a market for things like this? Not me. 




7 comments:

  1. Interesting use for vintage quilts.

    Have fun with the coffee fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fabrics and darling coat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of reusing textiles, I often see posts from a small business over here that recycles old needlework tapestries .She buys them from charity shops (thrift shops) finishes them if they are part done then makes them into unique bags to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first the thought of cutting up a quilt hurts but why not give it new life?! The coat looks great! So does your new apron fabric; I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your new fabric and I think it would be perfect for everyday.
    That coat is so cute! I would never have thought of using quilts for coats. It would be like being wrapped in love all of the time.
    Glad you're feeling better. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You found great fabrics for another apron. Happy to hear you’re feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better! My Aunt made a quilted jacket and it was beautiful! Your daughters coat is so interesting!

    ReplyDelete