Thursday, February 11, 2021

Line Up

 

All of my knitting projects have been neglected due to my apparently chronic fuzzy mouth. Yesterday I discovered that if I chew gum-sugarless the kind with xylitol, I can knit again without gagging so I lined them all up on the table and had a go at them one at time. 


I spent 40 odd minutes knitting along with Arne who was making a spectacular mitten. I had to sit on my hands to keep from buying the pattern. I may yet even though I hate making colorwork mittens. 



Speaking of colorwork mittens, the Bernies are a no go. This is where the top decrease start. You can see I still have a lot of hand left. They are also too tight. In defense of the pattern, the author did say she hadn't actually knit these yet. She just generated the chart on her computer. So it's off to the frog pond with it. If I am going to take my time with fiddling with colorwork mittens I want some that look better than this.



I've got bigger fish to fry in the colorwork department anyway. I am only an inch past the armholes on the Festive Doodle and that just won't do. 

 




7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad knitting has re-entered your life. So many people are making, or tring to make the Bernie mittens and many that I've read have said the same thing as you did. Too tight and too short!
    Love that festive doodle. It's brilliant! I've been meaning to join Arne and Carlos but keep forgetting to check their video.
    Take care and keep chewing that gum. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Festive Doodle is beautiful.

    Sad about the mittens. Who puts a pattern up without actually KNITTING it????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would be enjoying that sweater in a heart beat! Beautiful! Sorry about the mittens-the yarn will make a good hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Festive doodle is looking fabulous!
    I'm glad you're able to knit again. I finally got motoring on Dave's sock - I'm just a few rows from finishing now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doodle is great! Sorry about the Bernie Mittens. They would be nice, but we can let Bernie remind us. Because he was everywhere for a while there and boy it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No fun when you have to frog a project...childrens mittens maybe:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your sweater is stunning. Forget the mittens -- you do have better things to work on!

    ReplyDelete