Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Little Can Can

 

One of the rovings I picked for the new thrums is here. I wanted something variegated and this one sure is. It is called Can Can and it's from Chameleon Fibers on Etsy.



It's redder than it looks in the photo. My phone turns reds into oranges all the time. 




I like that I could only buy 2 ounces at a time from this dyer. I don't need a lot for mittens. I've still got one more bag of roving coming before I decide which red I am going to use for the lining so I won't be casting on right now...but getting woolly packages in the mail everyday sure is fun. 




And thanks for all your advice on what to do with these batting scraps. Since Superbowl Sunday is right around the corner I'll be putting it all to good use while The Mister is glued to the couch all day watching football. Sigh....it'll be my last Sew Sew Sunday until next season. I can't get anything done when he's on the loose. 



I also have to thank Sandflies for sending me a surprise package this week. It is most appreciated-especially the decaf part. The Mister and I are half caffers as a rule. We mix one scoop of regular decaf in with any regular specialty coffee we have which makes it last longer and keeps us from being at each other's throats all day. If I don't get that man his jabs soon I just don't know how much longer he's going to make it....lol.



8 comments:

  1. Pretty roving!!!

    I'm pretty sure Steve feels the same way. He's had his first shot (first responder), but I hit a brick wall with every attempt to get mine. It's driving me a bit batty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that roving is gorgeous. I can't wait to watch you knit the mittens and thrum them. It sounds so interesting.
    I don't know what I'll do when Hubby retires. He sounds much like The Mister in wanting to be busy all of the time. Luckily we'll have a house to get in order and his Mom's house will be right next door and it needs all kinds of work done. She called me today to tell me about a leaky faucet. We live 1,553 miles away. I didn't know what to tell her other than to call her grandson who lives there and is a, wait for it...PLUMBER!! Seriously. Smacking my head. lol
    Take care and stay safe my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have the same problem with trying to catch a photo of red anything with my phone camera! This roving is so very pretty! What a joy to knit it into your mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reds are hard to photograph...such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my friends have been able to wrangle a vaccine appointment, but I haven’t. It difficult to be patient. ❤️ the yarn and the roving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fiber is so gorgeous, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roving is wonderful. Reds seem difficult in general to photograph for me too. How is the television camera managing so well with all the red on the SUperBowl field today. (snore. I only enjoyed football this year when I created and played Bingo against someone

    ReplyDelete