Yesterday I got around to putting that last border on the hexie top.
It was not without drama. I can't seem to measure or cut straight these days. It was not fun but it is done.
The whole time I was wrestling with it I was kicking myself for making something so big. This was just suppose to be something small to practice my machine quilting on. I think I got carried away.
To reward myself for sticking with the chore of those long, boring borders I played with my little charm square project. It's going to be a Disappearing Nine Patch but I think I underestimated how many charms I need. I had to order more.
My first nine patch was disaster. I had to rip it apart. Dad and I made lots of these little quilts back in the day for all the grandkids but I had forgotten that you have to line up the seams. Duh. I finally got two blocks finished to my satisfaction but I'm going to wait to cut them until I get the other two packs of charms I ordered. I don't need anymore surprises.