Tuesday, July 21, 2020

TNT: Still Counting


The dark green part of my sampler is turning out to be a real pain. I hate stitches that touch other stitches on all sides. No matter what I do I can't make them neat. I also lose track of where I am. I don't usually use the grid lines on a pattern but this time I am. I am doing one 10 by 10 section a day. It may take forever but I will keep my sanity.




My other tiny needle was busy getting two more blocks appliqued down on the hexie top. Three to go. Mercifully, this is the last row.




You can't really see it but I have two blocks of the nine patch hand quilted. I was worried about using different colored thread for each block but it looks fine to me. 

9 comments:

  1. It all looks so nice. The hand-quilting, the cross-stitch and the hexie top. I didn't do one stitch of ANYTHING today. I spend the say at the house taking pictures off of the walls and patching nail holes throughout the house. Then we delivered two truckloads of furniture. More tomorrow night! This will never end.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting and cross stitching are beautiful. Solid cross stitching can be a PITA for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything you're doing looks lovely! I especially love your hand quilting - It would look busy with only one color thread, I think. It looks really beautiful and the colors are highlighted using different shades of thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the progress your making on the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand quilting is just beautiful! It looks so perfect (which I have never been able to achieve)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are doing the cross-stitching the right way--slow but better than ripping out!
    The quilting and the hexi quilt are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looks even better than FINE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to leave solid areas til last ...would that help? It will be beautiful when done!

    ReplyDelete