Friday, July 17, 2020

Oh, Buoy


Yesterday was grocery pick up day. That really takes the wind out of our sails. The rest of the day is pretty much shot after that. We didn't get a lot of what we ordered again this time but we did get potatoes and chocolate-our two main food groups lol...



After washing and sorting all those groceries the only thing I did for the rest of the day was finish my puzzle. I always get a lot of questions when I post about this puzzle so I looked it up. It didn't come in a box so I had no idea what it was.  It's actually called Maine Lobster Buoys so I guess those are buoys. You'd think I'd know that because they use them for crab pots down here and Mom had a yard full of them. Everyone does. Now I know. 



After I put that one away I started another. I picked an easy one this time. Those buoys were not easy but I really enjoyed working on it. I like working on these little puzzles so much that I ordered another one last night. They really cure a bad case of cabin fever. I can lose a whole afternoon working on one. 



After dinner I cut the train wreck soap and discovered it was anything but. It's really pretty. All that banging really mashed the layers down because I don't see any of the air pockets that I was afraid were forming as I was banging. This is another unscented soap. It's also vegan. No animal products at all. The only milk is coconut. The only color is from clay and charcoal. I never thought I would like unscented soap but I do. I think my nighttime allergies are better when I stick to the unscented stuff. 

12 comments:

  1. Your soap looks so pretty , glad it turned out. We like all unscented stuff! :) Stay cool! And safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That soap is beautiful! I haven't done a grocery pick up order in over a month. I had a friend actually GOING into a store so I asked her to pick me up some produce and milk. Otherwise we're set for awhile.
    Our numbers are skyrocketing and we actually had a death yesterday in our county. It had been quite awhile since we had a death. This stuff is terrifying.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that soap would be pretty! Those puzzles are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible bar of soap!!!! Good job on this one! I'm with you on the chocolate--I've really been on a drive to eat it exclusively!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the soap! I’ve been eating far too much chocolate, so I’ve switched to ordering milk chocolate chips. I can satisfy my craving with just a few morsels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i knew that soap was going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im very into neutral or no scents!!!! Lovely bars

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soap is just beautiful! It actually looks like something you might want to eat. Chocolate is a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice surprise for you on the soap; it sure is pretty! Hurrah for chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No scents for me unless they are pure essential oils. Your soaps look fantastic. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better late than never to tag onto comments! Grocery orders really do take some time and I often have to adjust menus if things aren't delivered. Your soap looks so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your soap turned out so pretty! Definitely not a train wreck. Love the buoy puzzle too. I've always wanted to collect buoys but for some reason, never have.

    ReplyDelete