Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Kitchen Update


Once again the kitchen update is that there is no update but I do have something I am excited about. New plastic!

The old plastic has worn out so I ordered some heavier duty stuff. 



A while ago I had bought a big rubber mat to put in the high traffic area to cover up the holes that I've made by scrubbing the daylights out of it on a regular basis. 




I keep cardboard under things to protect it but that leads to its own problems.




My cats think they are living in one big kitty scratching post. They tear it up as fast as I put it down. They scratch the rubber mat too but it seems to take it like a champ. It's full of broken kitty claws every morning. 




So today we are going to shift all the boxes and other junk we have sitting on top of the old plastic to put down the new plastic. Happy Bastille Day. It's also our anniversary and as weird as it seems I wouldn't rather be doing anything else.


I also want to thank Cindy from Delighted Hands for making these masks and sending them on. I had mentioned that I was making a bunch for Daughter on her return to the rink last week. Mine were pitiful. I can't sew a straight seem to save my life. These are perfect-so crisp and professional looking. Thanks so much Cindy, you are a real life saver!



9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Who woulda thought to be thankful for new plastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, it's a sad day when we get excited about plastic Debbie. :-). I know what you mean though.
    Those masks are so professional looking. I have to figure out where to get one or two more. I think they're around for awhile and I only have two. My sewing supplies are packed up and inaccessible.
    Take care and be safe.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary to you guys. Same for us here in the Canada lands. How many for you? 41 for us. Nowhere to go and all day to do it...love to you
    Cheryl aka seajaes

    ReplyDelete
  4. No cardboard is safe in this house either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh,boy! I got all excited for you to think you were able to work on the kitchen again! Sigh, new plastic is going to look clean and fresh anyway! Happy anniversary! It was nice to do something for you for a change--your generosity shines brightly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for new plastic and those wonderful masks. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I don't feel so pitiful about my own anniversary adventure now. :) But hey - if new plastic makes you happy, go for it! Happy anniversary and enjoy the masks. They are pretty!

    ReplyDelete