Friday, July 10, 2020

6 Times the Charm


It took me six tries to get this last row on. It just would not line up. I ended up having to rip the whole row apart and make adjustments in the blocks themselves. It was no fun. I wondered why I ever thought making quilts was a good idea in the first place.



As soon as the mail came I remembered why. I make quilts so I can buy stuff like this. I had bought another Kaffe Fassett jelly roll and some plain backing material for that gosh darn hexie quilt that may or may not ever get finished. 



I bought the jelly roll because the one I had in red looked lonely. They are so pretty I just may not make anything with them at all. I just might collect a new one to admire every few months as a reward for being locked in the house for the rest of my life. 

10 comments:

  1. It does feel that way doesn't it? We were going to try to drive to Omaha to see Dennis's sister who has cancer virtually everywhere and now we're hearing states are shutting down. We were going to take a small camper and sleep and eat there so all we would have to stop for is gas. Although we were going to have to see her from a distance, we really want to see her again before it's too late. I hate this virus with all of my being.
    But, I do like your Kaffe Fassett jelly rolls. They are so beautiful. So is your quilt. Your patience astounds me.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how we build our stashes!! Love the colors in those jelly rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered jelly rolls during the past months and have to admit there's a strange joy about them - I used them first for binding on the masks I was making but now I'm using them as trim along the hem of some dresses I'm making for my granddaughters - Jelly rolls are just pretty and kind of like unwrapping a present to discover the colors and prints!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jelly roll colors make my heart sing! I’d admire them a good long while before using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a good jelly roll - though I haven't used one in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't sew and even I want those jelly rolls. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny...love the colors...perhaps that is why yarn is delivered here once a week, I just need to look at it! Stay safe and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you conquered the hexi row!
    I think this kinda jelly roll will put on less pounds than the other kind, too! I love these colors and what a great souvenir of this Covid thing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful jelly rolls! Glad you got that quilt figured out. It's gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete