Saturday, July 4, 2020

Risky Business


Yesterday was the first time since St Patrick's Day that either of us have set foot in a store. I've been able to make due with delivery but there was one thing we couldn't get brought to the door or out to the curb. 



I was nervous about letting The Mister go down to our corner crab shack and pick up a bushel but it's the 4th and some things are worth taking a risk for. Our area numbers are still heading in the right direction and everyone inside and out was masked up so it seemed okay. 



We can't gather as a family to eat them so we divided them up in the back of the truck and the kids took theirs home to eat. I did get a few precious moments with the Grands. I cried when they left. I cried the other day at the park when I saw a baby that reminded me of them. That's one good thing about mask wearing. It does hide the tears and lately there have been plenty. I hate this. 



Lucky me. They came bearing gifts. I had a box full of produce and a giant bag full of kale and chard from their garden.




They brought a cooler for their crabs and had filled it with frozen dumplings for our freezer. We are on the back side of delivery so it's been slim pickings here for a few days. All the edibles were very much appreciated. 




I also got a bouquet. I love hydrangeas. They remind me of summer weddings. I had no idea there were white ones. Now I want one. 



Happy 4th everyone. Instead of fireworks and watermelon I'm spending the day making masks for Daughter. Her rink is opening up on Monday and she's going to need as many as she can get. Did I mention that I really hate this? I really do. 




12 comments:

  1. Happy 4th! WE have to keep keeping on. I know how you feel not being able to cuddle the little ones...it is all so sad some days:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th!! Those crabs look SO GOOD...and also the DUMPLINGS!!! You got quite a haul of goodies from your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crabs. I was thinking of them this weekend, too. But I'll probably settle with crab cakes this year. Oh...and I hate this, too. You're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I am so sorry for your tears. The leaving is always always sad sad sad. Mask making.....sugn of the times

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts - getting to see your family and fresh produce. Are those dumplings homemade? I am also back to making masks. Unfortunately, I think they are going to be needed for quite a while. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th of July! Very jealous of those crabs! When we lived in MD we would go to Popes Creek and have a feast! That's wonderful news about your daughter's rink opening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th of July Debbie! I'm sorry you had sad tears. This thing is just awful for everyone. I would love just a glimpse of my grandchildren. I'm happy that your daughters rink is opening and its wonderful that you're making masks for her. Also, the goodies from your son and family is so nice. Fresh treats.
    I hope you can enjoy your day my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might drive up and enjoy those crabs with you, I promise to stay at least 10 feet away! Stay safe and good luck with those masks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I've gotten past the hate and onto acceptance of what is. It sure makes life a whole lot easier. But ...........seriously, there is little to like about this whole mess.

    Glad you got some little bright spots in the day. The white hydrangea is gorgeous. I hope they'll last a long time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy 4th to you-I hope you had a good day!
    The crabs look good-I'm sure that you had a feast. Nice to see the grands even though the visit was a shadow of what should be....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh.. those crabs look delish! I am going to try to make some masks.. the first one will be a challenge then I should know how to do it.

    -:¦:-·:*'""*:·.-:¦:-·* HAPPY 4th of JULY! *·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-:¦:-

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet the grands had a blast climbing on those logs!

    ReplyDelete