Friday, July 3, 2020

All Wrapped Up


Not much has been happening in the downstairs craft room lately. I've been playing with mandalas when the mood strikes me but that's not been very often. With all this isolation my creative energy has pretty much flat lined I'm afraid.




I got all excited yesterday when I realized I hadn't finished the card I was making for the Baby Grands birthday on the 9th. Finally I had something that I wanted to work on. They are stopping by today so it needed to get done. 



I couldn't figure out how to use all the animals so I just kept it simple. 




While I was working on the card I remembered I still had all the summer soap to wrap. I had been putting it off. I had seven batches to deal with including the two batches The Mister made. 




I had told him that if he made the soap he had to help wrap it and he did.




 He didn't want to do any of it at first and it took some coaxing but then he decided he wanted to help me wrap all the rest of it. He did a great job and now I've got another box of beauties in storage. As soon as it cools down later this summer/early fall I'll be re-homing them along with all the leftovers from spring. There will be a giveaway in the not too distant future. Watch this space. 






9 comments:

  1. Great looking cards and good for The Mister for helping you wrap all of the soap. He seems like a pretty good sport and pretty good at craft stuff too.
    You got more done crafty than I have. I think I've knitted about 3 rows since Saturday. I don't know the last time that happened.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yep. The Hay There set. I love it.

      Delete
  3. I've been working on my journal along with pen & ink drawings which I'm coloring. I've found how amazingly relaxing coloring is to me - I actually have to set a timer to make sure I keep to a reasonable schedule!
    That little card is just adorable! And, Bravo! to OH for working with you on the soap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mandalas remind me of Spirograph: I love that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is just so cute! Your soap looks wonderful and I would enjoy wrapping it. I love to wrap gifts. For many years, our Girls' Day Christmas Celebration included a few hours of wrapping gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to your Grand!!!

    The soaps look so pretty in their packages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A visit with the boys will do you good! The card turned out so cute and the soap-well, as always-wow! Nice the mister helped you!

    ReplyDelete