Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Three Strikes


I was pretty sure I'd have the next row finished on the hexie top to post about today.



Yesterday I had a good ole time listening to my audio book and getting the last block appliqued down all afternoon. It was a real dog day outside.



Everything was going so well.....



....until I went to sew the whole row on. Everything seemed to line up just fine until it was sewn down. Then it went all wonky. Every time. After three tries to get the vertical rows of sashing lined up I gave up. Rip, rip, rip. I'll tackle it again some other day. Darn thing.

9 comments:

  1. Some days are just like that aren't they? Nothing goes right. It seems like I've been knitting for months on the socks I have on the needles for Dennis. Granted, I've made them 72 inches instead of the usual 64, but for gosh sakes. They aren't growing at all! Maybe it's because I'm packing the house and I'm lucky to knit 2 rows a day!?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that kind of day! Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some times it's best to take a break from a project. I am sure you will conquer that problem though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too bad because you were on a roll, it is still a beauty even if it misbehaved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how that is with knitting. You try over and over and finally realize that it needs a time out. I'm sure that a new perspective will help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing can be so frustrating!!!
    I admire you for being willing to try it again. I tend to put things in eternal time-outs, which is its own problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Deb. That sounds really frustrating. All quilting looks so pretty but time consuming Hope you have a better next project for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So just why, right?! At least it can wait for you to feel up the its challenge another day!

    ReplyDelete