Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sew Sew Sunday


If this looks familiar it's because I am once again tearing off the sashing from the hexie top. Yes, it's the same top that I ripped back 6 times before. This time it was because I sewed the latest long horizontal strip I had just made onto THE WRONG END.



All I wanted to do on that hot afternoon was to sit and listen to my audio book and sew more hexies but instead I had to fix another massive screw up first. I punished myself. No audio book until it was fixed. I sat in silence until I had it all back together and ready for another block. 



On a happier note, I have also started hand quilting the nine patch.



I am using two different stencils and two different threads in the light and dark blocks with outlines all around. No drama here. I hope. You never know anymore.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got the hexies fixed and ready to move on. I really do miss hand-quilting. It was my favorite part of making a quilt.
    Take care,
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are hard on yourself! I have forced myself to redo a botched job, but I never deprived myself of audio company.
    I remained wowed by people who can cut and sew squares. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any kind of hand sewing - it's (usually) so relaxing. The hexies are looking great! Have a peaceful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No punishing yourself, look at the amazing projects you complete. Just have fun. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work-I play incentive games like that with myself--it works! You will enjoy the new hand quilting project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Opal yarn is gorgeous! And all your projects - knitting and quilting look so good. I don't know how you manage to have so many things going on at the same time. I think I would never do anything - lol

    ReplyDelete