Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Dog Days

No. Not that kind of dog day. You know the kind, when a steam bath greets you when you open the front door. Ugh. It's nasty out there. Poor Pup has been stuck in the house for days.



 I've got zero interest in doing anything but laying in bed and watching Netflix but I forced myself to get the mini quilt at least to the point where I could see if it works. It works. I am going to make the binding the last of the sashing and call it a day. The pretty blue material that was supposed to go around the whole thing will just be on the table runner.



 Yesterday, I also got the last of the little circles hand quilted between all the sashing on Daddio's Dresden.



I am now on the outer edges. The end is in sight. Hallelujah.



This is as far as Dear Jane got. I've sorted the pieces for the last two blocks of row B but that's it.



Having done all that, my heat frazzled brain really only wants to do one thing-pick out the ugly free motion stitches on Daddio's Thangles. I am on the middle block of the middle row already and loving every minute. Who knew this could be so mesmerizing. Stuck inside with good book to listen to and thousands of stitches to rip-good times!

6 comments:

  1. Poor pup! I love the audio books too, it's the only way I can get through a book without falling asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm, are you sure you are mesmerized?!
    I'm glad you could make the changed you needed to the mini quilt! Your hand stitching is nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pup is so cute! I don't think I have ever ripped out more than a row or two of quilting. Will be interested to see how you requilt this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me! I HATE ripping out stitches. I can't imagine doing it to a whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry you’re having so much heat. It’s miserable here too. Upper 90s today and tomorrow and 107 predicted for Thursday! We will break all records. That is so unusual for here and not helping the fires at all. Stay cool my friend. Blessings, Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work on the quilts; I need to follow your example on the ones languishing in my closet.

    ReplyDelete